Septic Tanks dubbo
Septic Tank Installation & Repairs
Some Dubbo properties are not suitable to connect to the town’s sewage network, which is why home and business owners resort to alternative solutions. Septic tanks offer an affordable method to manage your own wastewater treatment. At Matt Diamond Plumbing, we supply and install tanks as well as service and repair your septic tank across Dubbo.
Septic System Installation
Site assessment is essential if you’re looking to purchase a septic tank. Before we install the system, we must assess your site and recommend the right wastewater unit for you. Several factors come into consideration including land size, slope, soil, surrounding waterways, number of people in the property and specific council regulations.
Onsite systems require special permits and must meet certain requirements from your local council. You will need to obtain the following authorisations:
Septic Tank Maintenance
When your home or property relies on a septic tank, you’ll know how important it is that it runs as smooth as possible. To ensure there aren’t any unexpected problems, regular maintenance of your septic tank is crucial. That’s why we’ve got a few tips.
How To Maintain Your Septic Tank:
· Inspect your septic tank or system regularly. This means checking on the state of the tank as well as the pipes that feed into it.
· Keep the cover of your tank clear. This will allow you to easily access your septic system to check for issues.
· Check your scum levels in your pipes. The more scum present, the bigger issue you’ll have down the track.
· Check your sludge layer. If it’s within 30cm of your outlet, then it’s an important sign to pump your tank.
· Pump your septic system at least once every three years. This will help to keep both the sludge and scum levels clean.
These tips should help keep your septic system working smoothly and reduce the chances of getting an unhappy surprise later on. For further details on the tips above read our blog on Tips For Maintaining Your Septic System.