Septic Tanks dubbo
Septic Tank Installation & Repairs
At Matt Diamond Plumbing, we supply and install septic tanks as well as service and repair your septic tank across Dubbo.
Some Dubbo properties are not suitable to connect to the town’s sewage network, which is why home and business owners resort to alternative solutions. Septic tanks offer an affordable method to manage your own wastewater treatment.
Whether you’re building a new home, or simply looking to upgrade you existing tank, our team of expert plumbers can take care of the process from start to finish.
Septic System Installation
Site assessment is essential if you’re looking to purchase a septic tank. Before we install the system, we must assess your site and recommend the right wastewater unit for you. Several factors come into consideration including land size, slope, soil, surrounding waterways, number of people in the property and specific council regulations.
Onsite systems require special permits and must meet certain requirements from your local council. You will need to obtain the following authorisations:
Septic Tank Maintenance
When your home or property relies on a septic tank, you’ll know how important it is that it runs as smooth as possible. To ensure there aren’t any unexpected problems, regular maintenance of your septic tank is crucial. That’s why we’ve got a few tips.
How To Maintain Your Septic Tank:
· Inspect your septic tank or system regularly. This means checking on the state of the tank as well as the pipes that feed into it.
· Keep the cover of your tank clear. This will allow you to easily access your septic system to check for issues.
· Check your scum levels in your pipes. The more scum present, the bigger issue you’ll have down the track.
· Check your sludge layer. If it’s within 30cm of your outlet, then it’s an important sign to pump your tank.
· Pump your septic system at least once every three years. This will help to keep both the sludge and scum levels clean.
These tips should help keep your septic system working smoothly and reduce the chances of getting an unhappy surprise later on. For further details on the tips above read our blog on Tips For Maintaining Your Septic System.
Get In Touch
Septic Tank FAQs
Yes, as noted by Dubbo Council, Council approval must be obtained before carrying out any work on a septic tank or other Onsite Sewage Management System (OSMS). If you’re installing a new septic tank you must lodge a Sewage Management Facility Application form as well as receive an Approval to Operate an OSMS to use the septic tanks once it has been installed.
As a general rule of thumb, septic tanks should be pumped out every 2-5 years to keep the waste system performing at it’s best. However this will depend on factors like how often it’s used, the number of people in your household, and the volume it can store.
- Waste flows away slowly
- Water is pooling the top of your tank
- Strong and unpleasant odour coming from the tank and from your toilets and drains
- The grass around your tank is greener and growing more than other areas